- Bereich Strategische Kommunikation
The Institute of Communication Science, Chair of Strategic Communication (Prof. Dr. Irina Lock) seeks to fill the position of a
Postdoc Digital Communication
Flexible start date, preferably from February 2023. We offer a full-time position (100 % / 40 hours per week), less workload can be arranged if the applicant wishes.
Are you highly motivated to study communication processes in a digital society and enrich societal debates on generational issues? In this postdoc position, we are seeking an ambitious academic who conducts internationally visible high-quality research. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the development of the new research area of Strategic Communication and to become involved in doctoral training.
- You independently set up an empirical research agenda in the field of digital and/or strategic communication.
- You publish research in English-language journals and represent the chair at international conferences.
- You conduct teaching at bachelor’s and master's level and supervise theses.
- You engage in academic self-administration.
- You are working on your qualification for a future academic career (e.g., habilitation).
- Excellent PhD (close to completion) in communication science, social sciences, or a related discipline.
- Strong interest in social issues and public debates and how organisations relate to them.
- Empirical research of digital (strategic) communication.
- Expert knowledge of quantitative or qualitative social science methods.
- Scientific publications in high quality English-language, social science journals.
- Scientific curiosity across disciplinary and theoretical boundaries.
- Proficiency in German or willingness to learn German.
- Remuneration based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Federal States (TV-L) at salary scale E13, including a special annual payment in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Collaboration in diverse methodological and theoretical research projects, often interdisciplinary.
- A national and international scientific network in communication science and beyond
- Own research and travel budget
- Flexible working hours
- A Graduate Academy for postdocs;
- A family-friendly working environment with a variety of offers for families: University Family Office ‘JUniFamilie’ and flexible childcare (‘JUniKinder)
The advertised position is limited to a maximum of 2 year(s) with the possibility of prolongation of up to 4 years.
Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and suitability.
In the context of the call for tenders with the Reg.-Nr.142/2022 applications already received will be considered. A new application is not necessary.
Are you eager to work for us? Then submit your detailed written application (CV, letter of motivation, your one best publication) preferably by email (one PDF file), stating the vacancy ID 407/2022 by December 9, 2022 to:
Institut für Kommunikationswissenschaft
Prof. Dr. Irina Lock